On Saturday, Oct. 27, Surfrider Foundation – Maui Chapter invites you to its 3rd Annual Ocean Guardian Awards Gala. Ocean Guardians was founded as a way for Surfrider Maui to
On Saturday, Oct. 27, Surfrider Foundation – Maui Chapter invites you to its 3rd Annual Ocean Guardian Awards Gala. Ocean Guardians was founded as a way for Surfrider Maui to honor members of our community who go above and beyond to ensure clean, safe, and accessible oceans for current, and future generations.
This year we will celebrate Surfrider Maui’s accomplishments and honor our 2018 Ocean Guardians:
- Zane Kekoa Schweitzer (Ocean Athlete)
- Donna Brown (Community Member)
- Hawaiian Paddle Sports (Business)
The event will feature live entertainment by Na Hoku Hanohano Award nominated Tavana, a silent auction, a gourmet dinner, and no-host bar. Kainoa Horcajo will serve as emcee.
For those interested in staying overnight, Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort is offering Surfrider guests discounted room rates (subject to availability). Please call Andaz at (808) 573-1234 or visit AndazMaui.com and use discount code CR85917.
Ocean Guardian Awards Dinner Menu
- Pipikaula poke + cucumber + maui onion + Zuhair tomatoes
- Pohole fern salad + marinated kombu + dried ika + white shoyu
- Waipoli greens + local radish + heirloom carrot + papaya seed and balsamic vinaigrettes
- Charred pineapple + snap peas + toasted macadamia nuts + grapefruit dressing
- Chicken hekka + local style chicken breast + bamboo shoots + braised kelp + “long rice”
- Pulehu mahimahi + calamansi butter + fine herbs + mustard greens
- Alae salted ribeye + shiitake mushrooms + broccolini + horseradish jus
- Hamakua mushroom duxelle chow fun + water chestnuts + roasted carrots + bean sprouts
- Flourless chocolate cake
- Haupia tarts
- Sweet potato cheesecake
Event parking is not included in the ticket price and is $10, payable in cash to the valet parking attendee.
(Saturday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
3550 Wailea Alanui Drive