Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 7 PM – 10 PM COME DANCE YOUR INNER SHAMAN! Join MCDC for our Saturday Dance Celebration on January 4 with Om Aloha from 7-10pm at the
Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 7 PM – 10 PM
COME DANCE YOUR INNER SHAMAN!
Join MCDC for our Saturday Dance Celebration on January 4 with Om Aloha from 7-10pm at the beautiful Makawao Union Church Community Hall. Please bring plenty of water and wear clothes that allow you to move freely!
Maui-based Om Aloha has been DJ-ing high vibrational music in transcendental dance gatherings around the world for over 3 decades. The music he plays aligns with the hearts, hips and souls in an exquisite and exotic blend that inspires Union within and with all, creating an atmosphere of gratitude and celebration.
We dance barefoot or wearing soft-soled shoes. Donations are sliding scale $15 – $20. We don’t turn dancers away for lack of funds – please inquire about available half-price work trades.
MCDC dances at the Makawao Union Church Community Hall every Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:20pm and every other Saturday from 7-10pm. No experience required for our community dance events, just your open minds and hearts!
MCDC’S 7 CONSCIOUS DANCING AGREEMENTS:
1. SAFETY: We dance in a way that is intended to be physically safe for all. Please keep feet below the waist when lifting other dancers. We only allow children on the dance floor when they are held in arms.
2. CONSENT: We encourage you to savor your solo dances, especially in the beginning of the dance. We also invite you to dance with others and ask that you do so with explicit consent. Please use eye contact and other body language (hands, feet) to confirm that the other dancer is up for connecting. Many usually are!
3. RESPECT: Illegal substances, smoking and alcohol are not allowed on the Makawao Union Church property. Dogs are not allowed on the premises either.
4. SILENCE: Dancing is our chosen language and we thank you for your silence when possible on the dance floor. We also apply this intention to our facilitators, who are asked to use words sparingly.
5. JOY: Moments of spontaneous singing, circling, clapping and other expressions of joy happen often at our dances!
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS after dance are only for those of non-profit and communal concern. Please let us know in advance if you would like to make such an announcement.
7. SUPPORT: If you experience any difficulties on the dance floor, please find an MCDC team member and we will do our best to support you.
ABOUT THE MAUI CONSCIOUS DANCE COLLECTIVE: Founded by volunteers in 2014, MCDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to nurturing the conscious dance community on Maui. We host facilitators from a wide variety of conscious dance forms.
Makawao Union Church
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Makawao Union Church
1445 Baldwin Avenue