Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 7 PM – 10 PM DANCE AND CELEBRATE WITH MARIMBA KOMBORERA! Come join MCDC's Equinox Extravaganza on Saturday March 21 with the amazing Marimba Komborera, Maui ʻs
Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 7 PM – 10 PM
DANCE AND CELEBRATE WITH MARIMBA KOMBORERA!
Come join MCDC’s Equinox Extravaganza on Saturday March 21 with the amazing Marimba Komborera, Maui ʻs premier eight-piece marimba ensemble. We will open our night with an exquisite Conscious Dance Wave until 8pm, after which Marimba Komborera’s irresistible pan-African grooves will have our bodies moving and our hearts throbbing…we can’t think of a better way to celebrate MCDC’s six years of dancing with our amazing community!
From 7-10pm at the historic Makawao Union Church Community Hall. Donations are sliding scale $15 – $20 with work trades and scholarships available.
Please bring plenty of water and wear clothes that allow you to move freely. We dance barefoot or wearing soft-soled shoes.
MCDC’S 7 CONSCIOUS DANCE AGREEMENTS:
1. SAFETY: We dance in a way that is physically safe for all. Please keep feet below the waist when lifting other dancers. We only allow children on the dance floor when they are held in arms.
2. CONSENT: We encourage you to savor your solo dances, especially in the beginning of the dance. We also invite you to dance with others and ask that you do so with explicit consent. Please use eye contact and other body language (hands, feet) to confirm that the other dancer is up for connecting. Many usually are!
3. RESPECT: Illegal substances, smoking and alcohol are not allowed on the Makawao Union Church property. Dogs are no longer allowed on the premises either unless they are service dogs.
4. SILENCE: Dancing is our chosen language on the dance floor and we thank you for your silence when possible. We also apply this intention to our facilitators, who are asked to use words sparingly.
5. JOY: Please expect moments of spontaneous singing, circles, clapping and other expressions of joy to happen often at our dances.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS after dance are only for those of non-profit and communal concern. Please let us know in advance if you would like to make such an announcement.
7. SUPPORT: If you experience any difficulties on the dance floor, please find an MCDC team member and we will do our best to support you.
ABOUT THE MAUI CONSCIOUS DANCE COLLECTIVE: Founded by volunteers in 2014, MCDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to nurturing the conscious dance community on Maui. We host facilitators from a wide variety of conscious dance forms.
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Makawao Union Church
1445 Baldwin Avenue