Makawao 3rd Friday Town Party: “Marvelous Makawao” Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Join us Friday, January 18, 2019, from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the
Makawao 3rd Friday Town Party: “Marvelous Makawao”
Makawao, Maui, Hawaii – Join us Friday, January 18, 2019, from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town.
Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street beginning 5:15 pm. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy free entertainment, food trucks and booths, arts and crafts, the Keiki Zone with magic, interactive activities, arts and crafts, and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants. This is a rain or shine FREE community event.
Pat Simmons Jr. Band main stage 6-8:45 PM
We are excited to welcome Maui’s own Pat Simmons Jr. Band debut on our M3F main stage, featuring Sam & Adam Frey on bass & drums. This electric trio bring Pat’s songs alive with an energetic Hawai’ian country style that truly makes the Pat Simmons Jr. Band entertaining and unique.
Marvel at the amazing Travis French, “Maui and His Gift of Fire” street fire performance, in front of the mainstage, at band break 7:15-7:30.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT, MAGIC & KEIKI ZONE
• Not just for the Keiki – World class magician Timothy Wenk puts the WOW in Makawao. Prepare to be dazzled, frazzled and mind-boggled.
● Maui’s well-known and beloved Josh will be performing in the Maui Hands lot, across from Casanova Restaurant.
● Maui Fridays favorite Get Up and Dance, a Maui line dance group will have you dancing like nobody’s watching!
• Melissa Buck of Rainbow Art and her one-of-a-kind creative face painting.
• The popular Maui Spider Jump! Hop on for an exhilarating, and unique experience!
• Shelly Tiss of Maui Da lux Face painting gives her unique creations.
• The ever-delightful Bryan Debris on the Sherri Reeve lanai.
CONTINUING DOWN BALDWIN AVE
• The wonderful Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles, and Makawao historians. Such a treasure for all!
• Come & visit our M3F Info tent — a place where friendly volunteers will answer questions, you can view our vendor map and purchase awesome Makawao Town t-shirts and totes.
EXCITING NEW ACTIVITIES ON THE BLOCK
• “Haku Lei and Pua Hair Piece Making at Haku Maui” Come celebrate Haku Maui’s 1st Year Anniversary in Makawao Town and 2nd year in business with Haku Lei and Pua Hair Piece making at their location in Makawao Town. They’ll be offering a free open studio workshop for this month’s Makawao Third Friday town party January 18th. This event is free to the public starting at 6pm while supplies last. Come to Haku Maui, make lei with them, and celebrate with the ladies of Haku Maui.
• Mixed media artist Deybra Fair hosts her first annual “Tiny Boxes” exhibit.
Artists from Hawaii and the mainland are participating, a pop up “Off the Beaten Path” (the former Anuhea Flowers) — off the beaten path behind Makawao History Museum. Opening Reception 6-9, January 18, 2019, in collaboration with Makawao 3rd Friday.
NEW NEIGHBORS IN TOWN
In keeping a Makawao Merchants Association tradition, we would like to welcome its newest merchants, Maui Dirty Girl Art, and Tribe Maui, both stores are located on Makawao Avenue. Take a moment to stop and see their special offerings with a heartfelt aloha!
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support our M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS https://www.gofundme.com/
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spenser of Collections Maui.
MAHALO TO OUR STAGE DONOR:
Sherri Reeve Gallery & Gifts
(Entertainment and activities subject to change without notice. Event cancellation only in prohibitive weather conditions)
M3F: EVENT ITINERARY
MAIN STAGE (located next to Rodeo General Store)
● Pat Simmons Jr. Band
● Travis French, fire dance
TOP OF MAKAWAO AVE & BALDWIN AVE
• Get up and Dance line dancing
● M3F Information Booth
● Keiki Zone
● Magician, Timothy Wenk
BALDWIN AVENUE to BREWER ROAD
● Maui Classic Cruisers Club
• Haku Lei and Pua Hair Piece Making
OFF THE BEATEN PATH
• Deybra Fair “Tiny Boxes”
MAUI HANDS GALLERY LOT
• Bryan Debris
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
• Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
• 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
(Friday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm