DANCE AND CELEBRATE THE SEASON! Come join us for this special Dancing Heart Journey with Devi & Finn on
Come join us for this special Dancing Heart Journey with Devi & Finn on Thursday December 26.
This will be a dance for 25 people only, so please sign up via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/holiday-dancing-heart-journey-tickets-86188946459
After our dance we will gather for tea and treats and live singing with Tim McDill. We invite you to defy the elements and wear your whites!
Bring plenty of water as well as a layer. We will send you the address and more details soon.
* M C D C W I N T E R S C H E D U L E *
Wednesday December 18 – Nalani Sunshine (Azul)
Wednesday December 25 – NO DANCE (Christmas Day)
Thursday December 26 – Dancing Heart Journey
Wednesday January 1 – Nadia van Doren (CoreConnexion)
Saturday January 4 – Om Aloha
Wednesday January 8 – Kalei Engel
Wednesday January 15 – Masha Tretiakova (5Rhythms)
Saturday January 18 – Satdeva and Beth Hird (Open Floor)
Wednesday January 25 – Devi & Finn (DancingHeartJourneys)
We dance at the Makawao Union Church Community Hall every Wednesday from 5:30 – 7:20pm, and one or two Saturdays every month from 7-10pm.
OUR 7 CONSCIOUS DANCING AGREEMENTS:
1. SAFETY: We dance in a way that is physically safe for all. Please keep feet below the waist when lifting other dancers. We only allow children on the dance floor when they are held in arms.
2. CONSENT: We encourage you to savor your solo dances, especially in the beginning of the dance. We also invite you to dance with others and ask that you do so with explicit consent. Please use eye contact and other body language (hands, feet) to confirm that the other dancer is up for connecting. Many usually are!
3. RESPECT: Illegal substances, smoking and alcohol are not allowed anywhere on the Makawao Union Church or the Laa Kea properties. Only service dogs can be brought.
4. SILENCE: Dancing is our chosen language on the dance floor. We also apply this intention to our facilitators, who are asked to use words sparingly unless they offer a workshop.
5. JOY: Please be prepared for moments of spontaneous singing, clapping and other expressions of joy to happen at our dances!
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS after dance are only for those of non-profit and communal concern. Please let us know in advance if you would like to make such an announcement.
7. SUPPORT: If you experience any difficulties on the dance floor, please find an MCDC team member and we will do our best to support you.
ABOUT THE MAUI CONSCIOUS DANCE COLLECTIVE: Founded by volunteers in 2014, MCDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to nurturing the conscious dance community on Maui. We host facilitators from a wide variety of conscious dance forms. Join us if you want to serve your dancing community! We also appreciate your feedback and ideas.
(Thursday) 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm